What is TED?
TED is a nonprofit devoted to spreading ideas in the form of short, powerful talks. TED began in 1984 as a conference where Technology, Entertainment, and Design converged, and today covers almost all topics – from science to business to global issues – in more than 100 languages.
What is TEDx?
TEDx is a grassroots initiative, created in the spirit of TED’s overall mission to research and discover “ideas worth spreading.” TEDx brings the spirit of TED to local communities around the globe through TEDx events.
What is TEDxCambridge?
TEDxCambridge showcases exceptional ideas and artists that help contribute towards our shared future, positively influencing lives, and helping transform our global community. We produce one of the longest-running and largest independently organized TED events in the world.
TEDxCambridge Media Relations
Stephanie Heckman, TEDxCambridge PR Director
Press Attendance at TEDxCambridge Events
TEDxCambridge invites a small number of requesting journalists to cover each event. We give priority to proposals from journalists who:
- Work for media outlets that reach large or influential audiences.
- Have a track record of insightful coverage in areas related to TED.
- Have a specific commission for coverage of the event.
Some things to note:
- We take great care in filming TEDxCambridge talks. It is very rare that we invite outside video cameras in, but we are happy to evaluate all requests for event footage.
- We do not admit outside photographers.
- We are unable to consider press passes for freelancers without an assignment letter from the outlet for which you wish to report.
Interested in covering a TEDxCambridge event? Press passes are limited, and press attendance will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Send your name, the name of your media outlet, and your proposed area of coverage to Stephanie Heckman at firstname.lastname@example.org. Press decisions are generally made in the month preceding the event, and accepted attending press are notified approximately two weeks before each event.