What is TED?
TED is a nonprofit devoted to spreading ideas in the form of short powerful talks. TED began in 1984 as a conference where Technology, Entertainment, and Design converged, and today covers almost all topics – from science to business to global issues – in more than 100 languages.
What is TEDx?
TEDx was created in the spirit of TED’s mission, “ideas worth spreading.” The program is designed to give communities and organizations the opportunity to stimulate dialogue through TED-like experiences at the local level.
What is TEDxCambridge?
TEDxCambridge is a premier event and technology exhibition at the Boston Opera House that celebrates the remarkable innovation, creativity, and inspiration found within New England and beyond.
TEDxCambridge Media Relations
Press Attendance at TEDxCambridge Events
TEDxCambridge invites a small number of requesting journalists to cover each event. We give priority to proposals from journalists who:
- Work for media outlets that reach large or influential audiences.
- Have a track record of insightful coverage in areas related to TED.
- Have a specific commission for coverage of the conference.
Some things to note:
- We take great care in filming TEDxCambridge talks. It is very rare that we invite outside video cameras in, but we are happy to evaluate all requests for conference footage.
- We do not admit outside photographers.
- We are unable to consider press passes for freelancers without an assignment letter from the outlet for which you wish to report.
Interested in covering a TEDxCambridge event? Press passes are limited, and press attendance will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Send your name, the name of your media outlet, and your proposed area of coverage to Tighe Smith at TSmith@tankdesign.com. Press decisions are generally made in the month preceding the conference, and accepted attending press are notified approximately two weeks before each event.